Some days, picking an outfit comes simple;
you can envision it in your mind, and it comes to life within minutes. Other
days, though, getting dressed can be more of a struggle than we want it to be.
And it always seems that the times we need our style sense to work for us most
are when nothing seems to be going quite right. Even those of us who work in
the fashion field sometimes hit a roadblock when it comes to piecing together
the perfect look—it’s part of the creative process, after all.
For when the fashion gods seem to be
working against you, a handy list of style-made-easy tips can be the boost you
need to break through the clouds of fashion frustration. In many cases,
accessories are the defining factor in an outfit. Even if you know what
clothing to wear, it’s often the addition of jewelry, a bag and shoes that make
your ensemble memorable and unique. Without accessories, even the chicest
apparel can seem lackluster. To avoid stressful styling dilemmas, I’ve put
together a few tips for accessorising made easy, so that every outfit will have
you feeling like the best dressed.
Keep
It In The Family
...The colour
family, that is! Gold baubles look best with warm-toned clothes, as does silver
with cooler colours. If you stray too far from the tonal landscape, be careful
not to mismatch too closely—instead, contrast with a pop of colour to make it
intentional. This article breaks down
the colour theory to help you better understand coordinating hues, tints,
shades and tones.
Balance
The Busy-ness
You don’t want to overwhelm an outfit with
too many items within one focal point. I love thistip about accessorising “a ‘busy’ neckline,” which recommends to
“opt for no necklace and instead put on beautiful hanging statement earrings.”
This will draw the eyes up to your face while also elongating your neck.
Stack
For Chic Simplicity
To accessorise while keeping it light, try
stacking bangles on one wrist or your rings on one hand. As is suggested here, “opt for understated stacking rings” for
a more “directional” option when looking to adorn your hand with something
shiny. A stacked wrist or hand is a chic but low-maintenance way to dress a
casual outfit.
Happy
Accessorising!
Staying true to these three accessory rules
will make getting dressed a breeze. When in doubt, remember: colours are best
coordinated by scheme, overkill is killer (the bad kind!), and stacking simple
details is a steadfast style trick.

Have a lovely week.
xoxo
Sophia

Have a lovely week.
xoxo
Sophia

These are some great tips, Sophia. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete- Liz Lizo
www.LizLizo.com
All great items dear :)
ReplyDeleteARedLip&Love
Thanks sophia for the great tips
ReplyDeletewendeeisaacs.com
Great tips and great items!♥
ReplyDeleteWith Love, Melina
www.melinaalt.de
I usually dont wear accessories, but these tips were interesting to read.
ReplyDeleteSimply Uneeke
Honestly, I'm not a jewelry person at all, but I aspire to be so this post is very helpful!
ReplyDeleteCOOCOO FOR COCO
Great tip. I'm try to keep mines simple and I find that is my taste.
ReplyDeleteKreyola Jounerys | Instagram
love it! Last photo is perfect
ReplyDeletehttp://www.queenhorsfall.com/
I love it!!! ThankU for sharing
ReplyDeleteHow to survive the Mother Law!
Follow my Fashion History on snapchat:@FrancyGFashionBlog
Beautiful
ReplyDeletehttp://www.2016replicahandbag.com
Love it
ReplyDeletehttp://www.2016designerhandbags.com
Thank you for sharing so many great tips! I like it especially that you recommend simplicity as this is also my motto :) Have a lovely weekend!
ReplyDeletexx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com
Beautiful accessories!
ReplyDeletewww.alessandrastyle.com
Helpful tips! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteJexshop Giveaway' | follow me on GFC ~ new post on My Blog Styleccentric Fashion' | like my Page' | follow me on Bloglovin'
thanks for sharing!! x
ReplyDeletehttp://lifeofacameo.blogspot.co.uk/
Great post! Love the stacking tip for I do that, as well!
ReplyDeleteKisses from the Philippines!
- Seyra
www.pavementsarerunways.com
I'm so obssesed with rings!
ReplyDeletehttp://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/11/mickey.html
Those are major tips especially the keeping it in the family one. It depends on so many factors and one should know what looks perfect when and where!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy yours too
x
Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com
Great tips! I love accessorizing :) haha
ReplyDeletewww.maggiealamode.com
Such pretty rings! I really do need more shiny pretty things in my life!
ReplyDeletewww.dressed2dnines.com
amazing, amazing pieces! :D
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Animated Confessions
Such pretty minimalist accessories
ReplyDeleteLooks great!
The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic