Make me understand why people have to apologise for what they wear, or how they chose to wear it.
PERSONAL STYLE
Fashion isn't wearing what other people will like or accept, it is finding your happiness through those comfortable clothing you have and love to wear, either cheap or expensive.
This is a response to the recent email i got from someone who thinks life revolve around them. Next post i will talk more about it, focus on general feedback.
Fast forward to Marsaxlokk
I visited Marsaxlokk a fishing village in Malta, with so many colourful boats floating up and down in the sea which gives the beautiful background of the church. I have previously seen photos of these colourful boats on google but I thought it looks too good to be true. Seeing it real and taken photos by myself was even more real.
To keep a lasting memory in my mind, i took photos with the boats in the background, wearing a colourful outfit which somehow matched the background.
"Marsaxlokk a traditional fishing village in the South Eastern Region of Malta, with a population of 3,534 as of March 2014. The village’s name comes from marsa, which means "port" and xlokk, which is the local name for the south east. The word is related to the name for the dry sirocco wind that blows from the Sahara, comparable to the equivalent Catalan word, "xaloc". The village is known for the Marsaxlokk Market, a large market which takes place around the whole village on Sundays and tourist market all days during the week. The inhabitants of the village are called the Xlukkajri and are historically fishermen".
"Marsaxlokk is about 40 minutes from Valletta by public bus No. 81 or No. 85. The village is approached via a long, narrow, straight, road with vineyards on both sides, or along the coast from Birzebbuga if travelling on the No. 85. The bay is at the south-east end of the island and is memorable for the many colourful, traditional fishing boats called luzzu . The painted eyes on these luzzus are believed to protect the boats from danger. Tourists visit the town for the picturesque photo opportunities of the bay filled with colourful fishing boats, plethora of seafood restaurants and the very busy Sunday market that sells everything from fish, fruit and vegetables, delicatessen goods and groceries, to souvenirs, clothing and footwear. Another attraction is the nearby, spectacular, Saint Peters Pool".


Happy new month.
Oh Christmas is near ... Oh Oh Oh....
I visited Marsaxlokk a fishing village in Malta, with so many colourful boats floating up and down in the sea which gives the beautiful background of the church. I have previously seen photos of these colourful boats on google but I thought it looks too good to be true. Seeing it real and taken photos by myself was even more real.
To keep a lasting memory in my mind, i took photos with the boats in the background, wearing a colourful outfit which somehow matched the background.
"Marsaxlokk is about 40 minutes from Valletta by public bus No. 81 or No. 85. The village is approached via a long, narrow, straight, road with vineyards on both sides, or along the coast from Birzebbuga if travelling on the No. 85. The bay is at the south-east end of the island and is memorable for the many colourful, traditional fishing boats called luzzu . The painted eyes on these luzzus are believed to protect the boats from danger. Tourists visit the town for the picturesque photo opportunities of the bay filled with colourful fishing boats, plethora of seafood restaurants and the very busy Sunday market that sells everything from fish, fruit and vegetables, delicatessen goods and groceries, to souvenirs, clothing and footwear. Another attraction is the nearby, spectacular, Saint Peters Pool".
Photos by Ian and myself.
Dress and Jeans Zara, Bag Celine box, Shoes Christian Louboutin.
Happy new month.
Oh Christmas is near ... Oh Oh Oh....

Looking great in that outfit, Sophie. Funky!!
ReplyDeletemissymayification.blogspot.co.uk
I like your way of styling clothes
ReplyDeletehttp://weirdthoughts13.blogspot.in/
You look phenomenally awesome!
ReplyDeleteEdita
http://www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk/
Beautiful pictures and super cool layering Sophia!
ReplyDelete♥♥♥
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.com
Jeans + heels = yay! Looking great! :)
ReplyDeleteI also have a hard time understanding those kind of people. And I really wish that everybody would just have an open mind about clothes and fashion in general!
YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram
I really like this look! So fresh! xoxo
ReplyDeletewww.naomella.com
Very nice. Have I'm told you how I'm loving the hair!
ReplyDeleteKreyola Jounerys | Instagram
You look phenomenal babe!
ReplyDeleteI love this dress on jeans looks, you look edgy!
ReplyDeleteYess I do believe your personal style is far much unique than whats trendy.
ReplyDeleteThat's a really nice place for a shoot. Thanks for sharing the place's background too.
ReplyDeleteI think it's a great look.
ReplyDeletewww.fafresh.blogspot.com
Och, great outfit!
ReplyDeletePerfect jeans.
LOVELY <3
Great pairing, Sophia! I love the idea of the dress over the distressed jeans, very clever! I also love the color and suede material of the dress, simply gorgeous :) I hope you have a lovely day ahead, girlie!
ReplyDeleteXO,
Jalisa
www.thestylecontour.com
Love your colorful pictures and the dress is so cute!♥
ReplyDeleteMelina
www.melinalt.de
Loving all the colours going on in these pics, they really POP! And how cute is your Celine bag, yellow is one of my fav colours, so this bag for me is Beyond! (:
ReplyDeleteI love your style! Very edgy!
ReplyDeleteLush Life | Styleccentric Fashion'
Love the jeans!
ReplyDeletehttp://fridaynightstyle.com/
Nice photos, love it
ReplyDeletehttp://www.adelaacanski.com/
Interesting setting for the shoot. You look great in that outfit! Commendable style!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Karen Shannon @ http://officiallookbookstore.blogspot.com
wow so damn fab
ReplyDeletehttp://carrieslifestyle.com
Posts online about Dubai, Rio, Amsterdam....
Love the outfit, Sophia. I wear what I like and I like what I wear. If someone has a problem with it, then it's their business not mine, tho. Wishing you a happy day, girl.
ReplyDeletexox
Lenya
FashionDreams&Lifestyle
You look so rock in this outfit... lovely pics in Malta :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, since I wear what I like not to please other people...
xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com
This is absilutely amazing! Happy Friday.
ReplyDeletexoxo;
STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
Facebook
Bloglovin
Thanks for the comments and great content
ReplyDeleteMyLyfeMyStory
Nice outfit! Love the look♥
ReplyDeletesummerdaisy.net
Dear Sophia, as usual you wrote wise words and I agree absolutely. Although it is not really possible to live without acceptance from other the most important thing is for me that I feel myself comfortable in my clothes and outfits :) Love the very cool denim look you created and this village seems to be so lovely!
ReplyDeletexx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com
We all got personal style and its either you admire someone or you carry own with your own style. I love you and your style cause you combine the colours just the way my hearts likes it doll
ReplyDeleteOutfit and topic well said and done, keep it real
Enjoy your Weekend dear
Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com
Amazing look! I love the dress and the pants!
ReplyDeletewww.alessandrastyle.com
Love your way of writing, Sophia! Wise words!
ReplyDeleteInteresting styling, dear! Perfect rebellious 70s style!
xoxo Ira
JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN
I love this edgy look !
ReplyDeletexoxo
www.sorananistor.com
This is such a cool combination of textures, shapes and colours. I'm loving it!
ReplyDeleteBreathtaking images. Love this
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nikeclheel.com
Love this post These are some great shots!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.tophandbagshops.com
Loooove the color of your dress, pretty pics!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.viviennewestwoodemelissa.com
Great pictures and I totally agree that fashion is about loving what you already have.No need to answer to anyone about what you like to wear
ReplyDeletesophieatieno.blogspot.com
That's such a nice green colour dress. Fashion is creative expression indeed, so you should definitely wear what you want without apologies. Happy weekend dear. xx/Madison
ReplyDeleteChinese Cooking
I love those distressed jeans. You styled the perfectly!
ReplyDelete- Maya at www.The KelleyDoll.com
Even your personal style is looking cool, I love pairing dress with jeans.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
www.reviewwali.com
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat bag <3
ReplyDeleteYou look so lovely!
ReplyDeleteARedLip&Love
You pull off the dress over pants look so perfectly!! Loving those distressed jeans. :)
ReplyDeleteBest,
Christina
Looks by Lau
Amazing photos dear!
ReplyDeletehttp://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/12/warm-in-white.html
Wow that is a great idea and you look so stylish and chic!
ReplyDeletexx
cvetybaby.com
i absolutely love this :) i hope you'll have an amazing week!
ReplyDeletemfashionfreak♥blog
love the jeans and bag! :D
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Animated Confessions
Big high five Sophia! Fashion and style is about the person not what others like or accept! U love it rock it!!100%!! Love those rips with the dress!
ReplyDeleteChichistashan.blogspot.com
totally agree to that, style,fashion and personality are a huge part of us and representing each other in a kind of :) everyone is unique and so is the style :) to your outfit: LOVe LOVE LOVE it. You know I'm a fan of your outfit combinations and your hair *_* flawless!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
http://lovelyattitude.com
ripped jeans are so cool, I love them in so many occsions I can't think when they are not appropriate. I also like your shirt and bold colors in your photos made me think about summer.
ReplyDeletexxx
mari
www.ilovegreeninspiration.com
Gorgeous as always babe!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday!
This is a difficult look
ReplyDeletebut you really pulled it off! Looking terrific
x
Charlotte
FashionHappens